Screen Capture protection is possible in Android App, IOS App or IOs browser, but desktop and android browsers can not prevent screen capture. Desktop and Android can have viewer specific watermarking to discourage/deter users from screen capture. Below are all details on it.
- Windows Desktop/Laptop – Screen capture can not be prevented in any browser. (Chrome, Firefox, Edge etc. which are supported via Widevine DRM currently)
- Mac Desktop/Laptop – Screen capture can only be prevented in Safari with Fairplay DRM upgrade . Screen capture can not be prevented in other main browsers like Chrome, Firefox.
- Linux Desktop/Laptop – Screen capture can not be prevented in any browser. (Chrome, Firefox etc.)
- IOS Safari – Screen capture can be prevented in Safari with Fairplay DRM upgrade. (Needs separate application process with Apple and Value or higher plan. More details in config section of dashboard.)
- IOS App – Screen capture can be prevented in Native App with Fairplay DRM upgrade. (Needs separate application process with Apple and Value or higher plan. More details in config section of dashboard.)
- Android Browsers (Chrome, Samsung, Bravo etc.) – Screen capture prevention not guaranteed, In certain device browsers it will be blocked (blocked in chrome for many devices but not all) while it will not be ever blocked in other browsers like Samsung Internet. Thus, Android browsers are always prone to screen recording.
- Android App – Screen capture prevented in Native App with our SDK integration.
- User-specific watermark is available on Desktop and Chrome to discourage screen capture. More details here. Demo of watermark here. Note that our watermark is an html5 overlay. We have put efforts in making it hard to remove, but still there is a small chance that it can be removed by someone.
Supercharge Your Business with Videos
At VdoCipher we maintain the strongest content protection for videos. We also work extremely hard to deliver the best viewer experience. We'd love to hear from you, and help boost your video streaming business.