SafetyNet Implementation for Highest App based Security
VdoCipher android sdk integrates Google's SafetyNet protection on versions 1.6.0 and above. This provides additional protection for your videos against following concerns:
- SafetyNet is essentially a protection on app side and can be optionally implemented by you independent of VdoCipher on app side if you follow the Google Android docs here. Though, we have integrated it in our SDK as explained below and tried to make it easier for you to integrate along with our SDK
- Emulator protection - With Safetynet integration enabled, playback on emulators will be blocked by default.
- Rooted phone protection - It is also included in Safetynet as this checks device integrity, but Google does not 100% assure that all rooted phones will be surely blocked. But there is no other higher protection available than Safetynet for Rooted devices, thus this is the best security against rooted phone
- App duplication - In addition to the above, SafetyNet can also ensure playback is only allowed on apps published by you, and not on any modified apks, etc. Additional steps mentioned further in below document will add app certification checks to the default SafetyNet checks before playback. This will largely prevent any duplicate app cases
- Detailed Steps and sample code for SafetyNet integration via VdoCipher SDK